Aims and Objectives
To provide candidates with the knowledge needed to safely mount, dress, set and use abrasive wheels to meet compliance with current legislation. To ensure that the candidates can adhere to Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (1998) (PUWER), which states that any individual who is involved in the mounting, dressing or setting of abrasive wheels is correctly trained and certificated.
Content and Course Design
- The requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (1998) PUWER with respect to Abrasive Wheels Regulations
- Storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels
- Inspecting and testing abrasive wheels
- Dressing abrasive wheels
- Hazards that can arise from the use of abrasive wheels and any precautions that should be observed
- Adjusting and abrasive wheel
- The function of all the components used with abrasive wheels
- Correct and incorrect methods of assembling the components
- How to correctly balance the abrasive wheels
To be delivered at customer’s premise to suit requirements
Please contact our Course Information and Booking Team at your preferred location or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Alternatively, you can contact us through our contact page.