Aims & Objectives
This course has been designed to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills to be able to instruct others to carry out manual handling tasks safely and without or risk of injury. On completion of the course candidates will be able to instruct on all manual handling aspects safely and efficiently.
Content and Course Design
- Health and Safety at Work act (1974)
- The Manual Handling Regulations (1992)
- Weight limits and Guidelines
- Manual Handling techniques
- Kinetic principals of lifting and handling loads
- The main parts of the spine
- Risk Assessment, Theory and Practical
- The causes of strain and injury
- Assessment of safe limits
- Manual Handling in the work place
- Group lifting
- Accident statistics
- Lesson Plans and Scheme of Work
- Lesson Delivery
- How to conduct constructive feedback and IAG
Scheduled throughout the year at TTA Atherton
Can be scheduled on site at customer premises to suit requirements
Please contact our Course Information and Booking Team on 01942 874686 or email email@example.com for further details.
Alternatively, you can contact us through our contact page.