Aims & Objectives
This course has been designed to equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills to be able to carry out manual handling tasks safely and without or risk of injury. On completion of the course candidate will be able to handle and lift reasonable loads safely and efficiently, minimizing the risk of injury and strain.
Content and Course Design
- Health and Safety at Work act (1974)
- The Manual Handling Regulations (1992)
- Weight limits and Guidelines
- Manual Handling techniques
- Kinetic principals of lifting and handling loads
- The main parts of the spine
- Risk Assessment, Theory and Practical
- The causes of strain and injury
- Assessment of safe limits
- Manual Handling in the work place
- Group lifting
- Accident statistics
Scheduled throughout the year. Can be delivered at customer’s premises to suit requirements
Please contact our Course Information and Booking Team at your preferred location or email email@example.com for further details.
Alternatively, you can contact us through our contact page.