Course Aims and Objectives
MiDAS is the recognised Minibus Awareness scheme. Its aim is to improve passenger safety by providing the necessary skills for those who have responsibility of driving passengers with disabilities and provides information to allow drivers to understand and meet the needs of their passengers.
This course overview is for accessible only but can be incorporated with the standard course if it hasn’t been previously acquired.
Contents and Course Design
- The Disability Discrimination Act (1995 as Amended 2005)
- Disability Awareness
- Safe use of Wheelchair & Passenger Restraint Equipment & Lifts
- Statistic Information on Disability
- The Social Model of Disability
- Language Issues
- Driver Etiquette
- Communication Issues for those with Disabilities
To suit Customers requirements