Aims and Objectives
To ensure that on successful completion of this theoretical and practical training course the candidate will have been instructed in:
- Operating a lift truck to the standard required by RTITB to instructor level
- The principles and techniques of instruction for preparing, planning and presenting knowledge and skills
- Adopting an effective style for teaching skills appropriate to the type of truck involved
- Assessing, testing and report writing. Adopting an objective and critical approach towards the effectiveness of the instruction they present using appropriate methods of assessment of trainee’s progress. In addition, they will also have received instruction on how to write a brief information report.
- Construction, administration and objectively marking of the Lift Truck Basic Operating Skills Test, endorsed by RTITB.
- They will also have undergone the RTITB’s ‘Lift Truck Instructional Theoretical and Practical Assessments.’ Success candidates will be eligible to have their names entered onto the RTITB ‘Lift Truck Operator Instructor Register’ for a period of 5 years.
The candidate will receive written confirmation of the overall results direct from RTITB.
The ideal course for the person with little or no previous experience of instructing who will be required to train, test and certificate new or existing operators to a recognized standard.
Candidates should be selected with due regard to the responsibility of the task involved, in addition they should be reasonably presentable, articulate, enthusiastic and able to work on their own initiative.
Prior to training, candidates should have a minimum of 6 months industrial experience of operating relevant types of Lift Truck and meet the eligibility criteria described in Part One, Section Six of the RTITB Lift Truck Instructor Registration Examination, Requirements and Standard.
Prior to attending the course, each candidate must be in possession of a current operator’s test certificate of ‘basic operating’ skills for the type of lift truck nominated at the time of booking, issued within a period of 12 months prior to the commencement of the course.
- Introduction to the course – Welcome to the course, registration of course candidates, an explanation of the course and issue the training programme.
- Course Closure – Test results and recommendations will be explained to each course candidate. The instructor will issue certificates and training literature where appropriate. All course candidates will be requested to complete an ‘End of Course Questionnaire’.
Content and Course Design
- Test of ‘basic operating skills’.
- Health & Safety at work etc. Act 1974 and Approved Code of Practice 1989
- Principles of Instruction
- Simple Job Analysis
- Practical Lesson Exercise
- Selection and Use of Visual Aids
- Example Classroom Lesson
- Classroom Lesson Exercises
- Assessing, Testing & Report Writing
Each candidate attending the course will undergo:
- The RTTIB ‘Lift Truck Instructors Associated Knowledge Examination’ covering
- An employer’s legal obligation under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 current Directives and ACoP’s to provide instruction, training and safe systems of work.
- Current recommendations for the training, testing and certification of lift truck operators
- Instructional techniques and methods
- The RTITB ‘Lift Truck Instructors Assessment of Practical Instructional Ability’.
- Conduct a practical period of instruction (role play exercise)
Scheduled throughout the year.
Please contact our Course Information and Booking Team at your preferred location or email email@example.com for further details.
Alternatively, you can contact us through our contact page.